Something Peculiar

Something so strange and lovely just happened.

Today I was teaching an early preschool class and picked up the book, I Can Fly.

I was attempting to give the book to one of the Sp.Ed. kids I was working with, but he quickly discarded it.  Before he did though I noticed how cute the illustrations were.
Cut to a few minutes ago when I am reading Elsie's post on her blog "A Beautiful Mess" that answers questions for aspiring artists and business owners.  I read a question about her painting style and at the end of her response she lists some artists that have influenced her, so I think, "why not look some of them up?!"  Without any thought, I look up the first person listed, Mary Blair, and these are some of the pictures I see on the google image search:
 
  
  
Wow!  I immediately recognize her work as what I had seen earlier in the children's book.  Gorgeous are they not?   I am so glad I discovered Mary Blair today!  It seems as though it was meant to be! :)

Natalie Call  – (Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 11:32:00 PM CST)  

Love this!!! I love picture books! I am a teacher as well, I teach 6th grade. I love your blog header too Sadie, that font, Clementine Sketch, is my all time favorite!

Michelle  – (Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 1:35:00 PM CST)  

Hi Sadie!

Thanks for your comment :) It probably was me, we go to Target a lot! And even in Austin, there aren't THAT many girls with purple hair, haha.

Nice to see another Austinite around!

Anonymous –   – (Monday, March 1, 2010 at 4:10:00 PM CST)  

i love these illustrations!! so funny, i think i'm going to try and get a job teaching when i first move to austin...i'll have to start going through the piles of old books that the kids don't want anymore, ha!

good to know there are some fun bloggers and artists in austin :)

Post a Comment

Your comments are always greatly appreciated!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP